July 24, 2014, 02:59:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1998 Coleman Niagara wiring question  (Read 2791 times)
joepa99
Wheel Chocker

« on: April 18, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »

I get the large gauge wires on the left: red to positive and black to negative.  Not so sure about the this gauge wires on the right. White wire is alone and the blue and black are together. 

Any help is appreciated.

mstrbill
Off Duty Moderator
Parking Heckler

Austin, Tx

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »

Looks like the previous owner did some re-wiring. On fleetwood/colemans white is ground and black is positive.  The black wire with the box on it is the original(I guess) positive wire and the white wire is the ground The blue wire should connect to your break-away switch. does your PUP have a lift, the red and black are not stock and you will have to trace to see where they connect.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:03:37 AM by mstrbill » Logged

Bill

the Camping Poms: Joy, Tori & Bella the Yorkie
2008 Fleetwood Niagara Highwall -  PopUp Blue  SUV Black - 2004 Chevy Suburban LT
96 Coleman Bayport -  PopUp Blue Pickup Blue - 98 F150SC - lots of great memories, but got tired of fighting the sagging cracking ABS roof
Chuck S
PUX is my life

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »

Coleman wiring remained unchanged for decades.  White wire off the battery Negative pole to the trailer frame.  Black wire off the battery Positive pole to an interior junction where it mated with a Red wire.  From the photo it appears the previous owner didn't understand 12v wiring colors (this is a trailer, not a powered vehicle) and replaced the Black wire with Red.

<--- Click for larger view.

-- Chuck

'02 Bayside '06 Roo 23SS behind '02 Explorer '07 Expedition out of Cleveland
Our Photos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: